Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tag

Dina tagged me. Hi Dina! Then Pasty tagged Shannon who tagged me with the same game. Cripes, the women are inside my OODA loop!

Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself. Don't forget to leave them a comment (tag, you're it) to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you. Since you can't tag me back, let me know when you've posted your blog so I can see your answers.

Tag yourself if you want to play; that's the way I roll.

1. One of the funniest things I've ever seen on television is the WKRP 'Thanksgiving' episode. If the line 'God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly' does anything at all to your funny bone you know what I mean.

2. I held two primary MOS (Military Occupational Specialites) in the Marine Corps - 0311 (Rifleman) and 4063 (Computer Programmer).

3. I never held a billet where my primary MOS was utilized. I was a rifleman on barracks duty and a computer programmer doing LAN administration and desktop support.

4. I read my first science fiction novel in the fourth grade. I no longer remember the title but I do remember that my teacher caught me reading it under my desk during a math lesson. I was somewhere in the asteroid belt with space marines and then zap-pow I'm back on Earth and I had no idea what the answer to Mrs Kanold's question was .. or that we were twenty minutes into math.

5. I could like writing code for a living, but I'd loathe using the tools that are most common; VB, .net.

6. I ate oatmeal at IHOP yesterday for breakfast - and it was good. And cheap. I'm all set to be an old crotchety man.

7. Hotels that advertise 'wireless internet access' and then have it available only in the lobby irritate me.

8. My kids and wife tell me I snore.

9. I've got a jones for the classic 'Civilization II' game - it runs real good on my Mac under Parallels.

10. Incompetence irks me - especially when it's mine.
blog comments powered by Disqus