Saturday, November 15, 2008

MacVim and NERD Tree

My quest for the text editor nirvana [1] goes on .. next up, MacVim.

MacVim is a port of the text editor Vim to Mac OS X.

My fingers are used to VI so that's a point in it's favor.

MacVim supports multiple windows with tabbed editing

Really? I like tabs. I really like TextMate's file drawer however, so I'll probably not use it much ..  what's that you say?

The NERD tree : A tree explorer plugin for navigating the filesystem

Do what?

Check out this demo http://www.flickr.com/photos/30496122@N07/2862367534/sizes/o/

The NERD tree allows you to explore your filesystem and to open files and directories. It presents the filesystem to you in the form of a tree which you manipulate with the keyboard and/or mouse. It also allows you to perform simple filesystem operations.
Well, golly - that is pretty slick.


MacVim with NERD Tree by you.



[1] Like sailing, it's not the destination, but the journey.
blog comments powered by Disqus