Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Clearing Tabs

"I think it's clear," Randy said, "that if you are ignorant of a particular subject, that your opinion is completely worthless. If I'm sick, I don't ask a plumber for advice. I go to a doctor. Likewise, if I have questions about the Internet, I will seek opinions from people who know about it."
This was funny.  Al Geddicks (Professor of Sociology at UW - La Crosse) and Michael Corradini (an actual Professor of Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics at UW Madison) were on Joy Cardin's program this morning.  I only caught a few minutes of the back and forth, but every time Geddicks came up with facts supporting his anti-nuclear views Corradini quietly knocked him on his ass with actual subject-matter knowledge that sent his facts crawling back into the gutter of pseudo-scientific sludge where they came from.

Very entertaining: my hat is off to whomever invited the light-weight to an adult discussion.



Velociman: Right now Ron Jeremy is reading that and muttering "Bullshit."



I am not sure how a small monument to war dead, in a far off place, that happens to be on public land, runs afoul of this phrase: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

But if it does, then so do crosses in veteran's cemeteries: public land, nu?

blog comments powered by Disqus