Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tab Clearing

The Ship of State. Can you feel it lurking just under the surface? I can and I think you can as well. The Greeks knew it as "Nemesis."


When Government Jumps the Shark. The Fanniegate debacle tells us that the progressive ideal is in the process of jumping the shark.


What the F*ck was that? What, you've never had a bad day? Also, did you really think they were buddies, looking at that video?


The Neo-Fredwinian Synthesis: Trouble at the Mind-Matter Interface


The Prophets on Motorcycles by Max Valerio. My prole philistine brain doesn't understand this, but I keep sneaking back and gawking in amazement, like a chimp staring at a Rubik's Cube.



Trotting ahead of Malthus. Speaking of gawking, Szabo comes out with these essays that leave me in awe.



Revisiting GNU Awk YouTube Video Downloader. I don't need this, but I'm sure glad things like this exist.


Slow History Extravaganza. I like the idea. I get all foundered up with two problems. Old books read slow, I get impatient. And: I have no emotional involvement with electronic books. A bound book will sit on the bookshelf taunting me as I walk by: hey, boy, whatsamatter, too good to read about the Peloponnesian War? Sissy. Shamed I'll pick it up and dig into it. Electronic books don't have this hold over me.


The Department of Education has a SWAT team
. Oh, my pardon, not a SWAT team, but cops with rifles, helmets, door breakers and shotguns. Who kick down doors at 6:00 a.m. looking for chicks who are suspected of murder arson embezzlement. They look and act like a SWAT team but not really. Why more people aren't furiously angry at the government for these shenanigans I have no idea.


L’Inconnue. Taken a CPR class? You've been smooching a dead French girl. Pervert.


blog comments powered by Disqus