Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Her name has such a power as to make a grown woman jump at shadows

You'll pardon me, but I have a hard time believing that a Jesuit would say

"Absolutely. They are everything He or She hates in a Christian."

Perhaps I don't believe this because I don't know a whole lot of Jesuits. I do know a few Catholics, and they don't say 'He or She' when referring to Deity. Maybe the Jesuits running around now-a-days are not cut out of the same cloth as they once were.

Whatever. I also don't ascribe some kind of mystical hoo-doo to the sound of a person's name.

I ... have decided not to even say this woman's name anymore, because she fills me with such existential doubt, such a sense of impending doom and disbelief, that only the Germans could possibly have words for it.


Hey, Anne Lamott: Palin Palin Palin!


Museo de Cera . Freddy Krueger by WakaMouL.

BOO!

Dipstick.
blog comments powered by Disqus