Sunday, November 01, 2009

You think it's easy - you try it

Rejoice!
The White House says it has created saved 650,000 jobs!

Of course, that's about the number of folks that got fired last week. And the net number of jobs that have been lost in the past two months. And it's a bit of a theoretical number, to say the least.

What I like is that the newsreaders at NPR are able to report 'created or saved' jobs on the news with nary a snigger nor a smile in their voice.  Treating a made-up, theoretical, bullshit number as actual news can't be easy.

I, myself, created or saved a few jobs last week.  True, I ate lunch at home and thus did not save or create jobs at McDonalds or Subway.  But I did create or save jobs for the guys that deliver peanut butter and jelly and bread at the grocery.  Not to mention the guys that make peanut butter and jelly and bread and all the people that depend on them.

Space4Commerce: doing Our Part for the Recovery.

blog comments powered by Disqus