Monday, July 17, 2006

'The Space Elevator' by Deborah P Kolodji

The poem 'The Space Elevator' has been removed by the author's request. I did track down the author by Google search (the original blog post did not have a link) and wrote Deborah Kolodji a quick note. She replied



Dear Brian,


Thanks for your kind words on "The Space Elevator." I'm glad you enjoyed my poem so much. It was a fun one to write.


The poem is currently not online anywhere else, including my own blog (dkolodji.livejournal.com). I had posted it to an e-mail list that Robin and I belong to after I posted news of its win in a poetry contest and I did not realize she was going to post it on her blog. The poem is due to be published in June of 2007, so I would prefer it not be readily available on the internet, and would ask that you please remove it for the time being. After it is published next June, I would be honored to see you post it on your Liftport blog.


Thanks,

Deborah P Kolodji



So .. it's gone. We'll post it next June after it's been published, with the author's permission.


Did you miss it? Sorry - it was pretty good. You've heard that computers merely allow people to make very fast mistakes? It's true. I should have contacted the author first.

blog comments powered by Disqus