Monday, April 07, 2008

Rights

I have no idea where I snagged this quote from - it was simply there in my scratch pad.
I actually agreed with Heston about guns. Not because I think that having a bunch of people carrying guns makes society any safer- of course it doesn’t- but because I’d imagine that trying to instill gun control in the United States at this late date would be as realistic as asking everyone who uses illegal drugs to report to their local police station and turn over their stash. Also, call me a paranoid, but I don’t like the idea of agents of the government having all of the guns. This just isn’t a good time to talk about yielding more rights to the state.

If not now, when? If not you, then who?

Is there ever a good time to yield rights to the state?
blog comments powered by Disqus