Sunday, December 13, 2009

Man is a Beast when he isn't an angel

Man is a Beast when he isn't an angel.
And so it was (and I’ve related this story before) that I was somewhat amused to hear my seatmate on the plane, a doctor from Medicins Sans Frontiere, confidently declare to me that he would be protected by humanitarian law when he reached Jolo. I told him if he went much beyond town he’d be kidnapped before he could say Jacques Robinson, which he was. You really have to be well educated to believe that stuff about the “religion of peace”. Both the victims and the suspects of the latest massacre reported in the New York Times are from Muslim warlord families. If you’re ignorant, you’ll probably know that human folly and malice is confined to no religion. Man is a beast when he isn’t an angel.


blog comments powered by Disqus