Saturday, November 18, 2006

Despair

I don't watch much T.V. - I probably should watch Deadwood more often than I do. This is classic rough philosophy.

Merrick: The physical damage is repairable but the psychic wound may be permanent

Swearengen: You ever been beaten, Merrick?

Merrick: Once, when i thought i had the smallpox, Doc Cochran slapped me in the face ....

SMACK

Merrick: Stop it, Al.

Swearengen: Are you dead?

Merrick: Well I'm in pain but no, I'm obviously not dead.

Swearengen: Well obviously you didn't fuckin' die when the Doc slapped ya.

Merrick: No.

Swearengen: So, including last night that's three fuckin' damage incidents that didn't kill
ya. Pain or damage don't end the world or despair or fuckin' beatiings. The
world ends when you're dead. Until then you've got more punishment in store.
Stand it like a man .. and give some back.


blog comments powered by Disqus