Friday, July 31, 2009

You get the gas I'll get the tolls

Jerry Pournelle
The teachable moment, aka the Great Beer Summit, is done. I don't know if Gates and Crowley were billed for the cost of the peanuts, pretzels, and beer; it's my understanding that the administration has taken to sending bills or collecting credit cards from those attending "private" White House dinners. I'm not sure why. I wonder what we were taught by this Presidential teachable moment? That the Vice President likes Buckler, the Heineken non-alcoholic beer while the President prefers Bud Light? Or that Professor Gates drinks Sam Adams Light? One does wonder what Sam Adams would have made of this teachable moment at the White House.

Me, I wonder if Gates and Crowley shared a ride from Boston to D.C.

Imagine the long stretches of uncomfortable silence.

blog comments powered by Disqus