Sunday, April 10, 2011

'Cos there's something in a Sunday, makes a body feel alone

Tam on pundit-television and politics and I don't know what-all
When I was little, I thought that part of growing up involved a magical transformation whereby things you previously thought were icky now seemed exciting and thrilling: Things like staying inside of a perfect, sunny weekend morning and watching a bunch of people on the television sit in chairs and talk about politics. Alas, that transformation never happened, and I still find it icky, albeit for different reasons.

Back then, it was icky because it was boring and I couldn't understand half of what they were talking about. Now it's icky because it's boring and I realize that they're a pack of self-important jackanapes and poltroons without the brains God gave a turnip and all the finely honed grasp of ethics and consequences exhibited by your average neighborhood crackhead, but with better clothes.


Related: herself has never heard 'Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down'. And now, thanks to YouTube, she has.  Don't tell me the 21st century isn't a great place.


blog comments powered by Disqus