Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why I Like Living in the 21st Century Part N

Modern Dentistry.

Any era before now I'd be looking at years of grumpy misery as my gums recede in the face of plaque and bacteria and my teeth fall out, one by one.  In the end I'm drinking warm water and most of my calories come from oatmeal.

Now?  I get a dose of Novocaine, the nice lady works away for ninety minutes with an ultrasound, some minty red goop, and some mintier goop and with good luck in a few months the situation [1] stabilizes.

And you get teevee while you're tipped back, mouth open.  Can't beat that with a stick.

[1] It's my own dumb fault, of course: genetics and parents who took me to the dentist on a regular schedule gave me a good set of teeth.  Then, after the Navy stopped ordering me to the dentist annually, I just stopped going.  Don't do that.


blog comments powered by Disqus