Tuesday, February 06, 2007

metasyntactic variable

I don't even know what a 'metasyntactic variable' is let alone that my ‘Fergenschmeir’ article was one.

" ... the article on ‘Fergenschmwhatever’ has been deleted because, all in
all, it’s just a metasyntactic variable. We don’t have articles on
every tiny little joke that exists. I regret that this disappoints you,
and hope that you will reconsider your decision to avoid participating
in Wikipedia. DS 04:39, 6 February 2007 (UTC)”

Sure. At any rate Fergenscheir is back. Not just because I think it has merit but because by God I am a Wikipedia Editor too and it's my commons just as much as it is his. Or hers. Plus at least one other person enjoyed it and it's a damned shame to throw things away that make other people happy.

blog comments powered by Disqus