Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Update: it pays to bitch

The Hyatt charges $10.45 per 24 hours per computer - but they'll credit your account if you bitch about it. No - they're not reading my blog, I wrote the general manager a letter and he responded
Good Morning Mr. Dunbar,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Fair Lakes for your accommodations. I would like to thank you for your feedback and I regret any inconveniences you have experienced.

It is unfortunate that our Internet service was not to your satisfaction. As compensation for your inconvenience, I have issued a credit of $20.90 for your Internet charges.
Good Lord. The service was fine, it's the 'paying' bit I objected to. I'm not a hopelessly cheap bastard; I don't mind paying my way but if 'internet' is important to a guest and your competition has it for free ...
blog comments powered by Disqus