Monday, March 17, 2008

Because things like this irritate other people

It seems [1] that when I write about things more elevated than unix, fart jokes and boobs it makes some people "unreasonably angry and defensive."

What the hell - I'm Scotch-Irish and my grandpa was from Liverpool - it's in my genes to make people feel that way. So in the spirit of being a pugnacious Celt ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_campaignplus/20080317/ap_ca/on_deadline_arrogance

“Barack is one of the smartest people you will ever encounter who will deign to enter this messy thing called politics,” his wife said a few weeks ago.

I am not thrilled when pols tell me that I’m lucky they’re devoting the might of their considerable selves to public service.

Go out and create jobs and wealth if you’re so damn smart, you fargin’ hacks. I want my politicians unimportant, competent and drab. If they're smart they just get us into trouble.

Via.

[1] Yes I owe you a reply .. it's coming.
blog comments powered by Disqus