Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Unclear on the concept

David Mamet is no longer a brain-dead liberal. The essay is worth the read, no matter what your orientation is [1]. This jumped at me.

As a child of the ’60s, I accepted as an article of faith that government is corrupt, that business is exploitative, and that people are generally good at heart.

I do not know how Mamet feels about (say) health care. Given his stated former thinking, we can assume he is (or was) for more government involvement in the health care system, not less.

I do not understand this. You accept deep down in your soul that government is corrupt [2] - but you want more of it? And to put it in charge of your bodily functions?

Via.

[1] If you assume I'm a right-winger of some stripe .. well you're not wrong but you're not right, either. Left and Right have ideas and notions that make me itch.

[2] You gotta admit there is something to that.
blog comments powered by Disqus