Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Will Survive - Nerdly Edition

I Will Survive - Nerdly Edition by TJIC*

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without MBAs by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how they did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you’re back
from CES
I just walked in to find you here
with that hiring look upon your face
I should have changed my email address
I should have changed my “contact me”
If I had known for just one second
you’d be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
’cause you’re not welcome anymore
weren’t you the one who tried to give me common stock
you think I’d sign up
you think I’d code another crock
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as I know how to code
I know I will stay alive
I’ve got my career to live
I’ve got all my code to give
and I’ll survive
I will survive

It took all the strength I had
not to fall apart
kept trying hard to sell
the stock not worth a fart
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I hold my head up high
and you see me
working for myself
I’m not that chained up little coder
still employed by you
and so you felt like calling up
and just expect me to be free
now I’m saving all my coding
for my own firm that’s paying me
blog comments powered by Disqus