Thursday, June 07, 2007

John Edwards - off the list

John Edwards is right off the list

The single biggest thing to be done is the president of the United States needs to put one person, a very high-level competent person in the White House, in charge of New Orleans. And that person -- the president should say to that person, "I want you in my office every morning telling me what you did in New Orleans yesterday." And the next day say, "I want you in my office telling me what you did yesterday. I'm not interested in what you're going to do six months from now; I want to know what you did yesterday. And I want to know what's happening on the ground," the president, "what's happening on the ground every single day."
That sounds like a great way to get a whole lotta short term gains that will look great on the daily PowerPoint slides. Probably not-so-great for a long-term project.

I don't want as President a guy who micromanages - I want as President an executive who knows how to delegate. It's called Leadership.

blog comments powered by Disqus