Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jenkins

In which I attempt to liven my work day by describing system recovery from backup with analogy; a homage to Halloween and SciFi; a Jenkins work is never done.


There was a shout from the cube farm: Jenkins had fallen over and was twitching.   I sighed.  This always happens at 4:00 in the afternoon when everyone is tired and weary.  Never at 9:30 in the morning when everyone is fresh and rested.

 Left my comfortable office, prodded Jenkins with a long stick.  He climbed back into his chair, wearily started to work, looked mournfully at me, sighed, fell over and died.

 I trundled the corpse outside and into the dumpster.  Retrieved and animated a new Jenkins from a collection kept in cold storage.

Jenkins looked around, nodded and wearily turned to his task.  As I left I heard him give a wheeze as the workload took it's strain on his body.
blog comments powered by Disqus