Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Irritation

Profanity Ahead.

Attention Microsoft Outlook Developers.

I'm composing a mail message in Outlook. I've not used it in a while but we're deploying it at the day job so I'm taking one for the team.

File - New - Mail Message
Click To:
Hmm. I know 'Joe' but what is his last name?
Click Advanced, select Find
Display Name: 'Asshat' Click 'ok'
"No Entries were found" "OK"
And you're dumped witout ceremony back in the 'Select Names' dialog.

Jesus McFuck people. Who is the developmentaly delayed project manager who decided that the default for a failed search in the address book is to close the search function? As if my default behaivor is to say 'meh' and just .. give up. Did it occur to you that, maybe, I don't want to give up my search and I just might need to change the spelling of a search term?

Respectfully Submitted,

An Irritated User
blog comments powered by Disqus