Friday, April 06, 2007

Transparent

Tom writes on transparency and the recent space elevator workshop and the wishes of 'the group' not to publish their preliminary notes
I don’t know if people will agree with me or not about my desire for openness. People have stopped laughing at the idea of a space elevator in general, but that doesn’t mean the idea is widely accepted. People have stopped laughing because of communication, and I think publishing some notes on a community workshop, even if they are preliminary, won’t cause damage to the development of the SE. I think, overall, it can only help.
Which is not to say business transparency is easy or feels comfortable. It's tough showing people the good and bad - it's natural to want to show your best face and sweep the messy crap under the carpet.

But it works - at the end of the day that is all that matters.

This might be the lesson of the new century - the way to bet is cheap, open and transparent.
blog comments powered by Disqus