Monday, May 19, 2008

Days of Suck and Not Suck

My day? Spent dealing with applications that suck, operating systems that suck, a help desk system that sucks really hard [1]. The best thing that happened was when I woke up and saw my best beloved asleep in the early morning light.

The second best thing that happened today was when I came home and saw my monkeys, doing their boy thing. In between it was pretty much, yes, suck.

But this isn't a bit of suck: George Takei is getting married. [3]

Brad and I have shared our lives together for over 21 years. We've worked in partnership; he manages the business side of my career and I do the performing. We've traveled the world together from Europe to Asia to Australia. We've shared the good times as well as struggled through the bad. He helped me care for my ailing mother who lived with us for the last years of her life. He is my love and I can't imagine life without him. Now, we can have the dignity, as well as all the responsibilities, of marriage. We embrace it all heartily.


Rock on, George. When you find someone you care that deeply for, hold on to them, cherish them and do what you can to make it work. It's worth it, when you find that special someone.

Having someone to come home to makes up for any number of days of suck.


[1] The people answering the phones at 'Large Corporation that shall not be named' [2] are very nice and professional and it's not their fault that Metalink sucks hard. They're all cogs in a machine and it's not their fault that the procedures do not let them actually help someone.

[2] Oracle.

[3] Mr. Takei's blog really isn't - if there is a permalink, it's not apparent. It's posted May 16, 2008. The blog is really a press release kind of deal, which is fine. A little bit of suck if you expect a blog, but not so bad.
blog comments powered by Disqus