Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sales

It takes a special kind of a guy to enjoy sales ...

I have been trying to remember to subscribe to Knights of the Dinner Table for I can't even recall how long--more than 18 months, certainly--and only today did it hit me.

Brian Dunbar has periodically prompted me to go look at Heavy Ink for manga needs (usually when I am complaining about something that's not out yet).

I got to wondering about going to Kenzer's web site and subscribing on-line, and then somehow a couple of neurons shorted together: "Wait, what about that one web site?"

The result.

...so all I have to do now is figure out how I want to handle this--do I want to buy a bunch of individual issues and subscribe, or just subscribe?
And that guy ain't me.

I wasn't, of course, selling Heavy Ink. It's run by a fellow I know via the internet tubes who is a nice enough guy, if a little gruff and grumbly. I have no financial stake in it. So I wasn't actually selling, just nudging here and there.

But that's what sale is: you're out there wearing out shoe leather, talking with thousands of people for a single payoff. Not my idea of a good time.

But gob'less the folks who can do it.

Heavy Ink - Your Comics Are Here!
blog comments powered by Disqus