Sunday, May 11, 2008

Politial Fail

If one of my children acted like an infant and insisted on sleeping on the living room floor [1], and then got pissy because Mom or Dad used the living room as a living room and woke him up, I'd have no sympathy.

I have less for a supposed adult who does the same thing.

At 4:30 am I had fallen asleep and one of the staff ran a chair on wheels into me as she continued her nasty tactics of intimidation.

Nasty is in the eye of the beholder; I submit that it's nasty and rude to inconvenience a lowly office worker who no doubt feels that she doesn't get paid enough to deal with smelly old hippies and would rather be at home with her family at 04:30.

And not just rude but pathetic - after all that ruckus and commotion they failed.

(At noon) the staff reluctantly replied that the senator would be "supporting the troops." We said we were not going to leave until the senator agreed to vote against anymore funding. The impass began.

At 5:00 am the four of us left and went to the nearest diner and headed for the toilet and then had a well deserved breakfast. I was home by 6:30 am and spent much of the day sleeping.


Senator Collins didn't agree to squat.







[1] This is hypothetical - my kids have manners and listen to their parents.
blog comments powered by Disqus