Thursday, September 18, 2008

Obama and the Lobbyists - Won't Get Fooled Again

Senator Obama: “So one of the things that we’ve got to do is not just change the health-care system, but we’ve also got to change our political system. And that’s why I don’t take PAC money. I don’t take money from federal registered lobbyists, because I want to answer to you when I’m in the White House. I don’t want to answer to all these fat-cat lobbyists!”

The Senator went on to say, I will, however, take money from the spouses of in lobbyists in D.C. And lobbyists in state capitals.  And their spouses.  And partners of law firms that are in the lobbyist business. Also C.E.O.'s, and officers of corporations that engage lobbyists whom I will not take money from.


There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parking on the left
Is now the parking on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!
blog comments powered by Disqus