Sunday, February 25, 2007

Celebrity the old fashioned way

Miriam reports that Britney Spears is her favorite celebrity
"Her message seems to be: 'Okay, I'm a low-rent, trashy, rich, famous celebrity with lots of money. Deal with it!'

"Contrast this with the high-minded, hectoring attitude of stars like Robert Redford, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, etc. Britney is not telling anyone what to do. She's not telling us to protest the war, drop our babies, shave our heads, or get tattoos. Nor is she going around spewing hatred and then heading for the rehab. She goes in and out of rehabs as often as I go in and out of my bathroom.

"I find her attitude refreshing."
She's got a point. I'd rather hear about Ms. Spears than be lectured by a guy like Sean Penn any day.

via.

blog comments powered by Disqus