Saturday, April 11, 2009

Go Your Own Way

Stevie Nicks
"I believe that computers have taken over the world. I believe that they have in many ways ruined our children. I believe that kids used to love to go out and play," Nicks says in her famously smoky voice.

"I believe that social graces are gone because manners are gone because all people do is sit around and text. I think it's obnoxious."

Says the woman who does not have any children.

I do have children. Alarmed by Ms. Nicks' [1] warning, and knowing that smoky-voiced proto-Goth elderly women who were hip and cutting-edge when I was in grade school know every-I-mean-everything I hustled off to interrogate them about this 'texting' business.

My youngest was outside jumping on the trampoline. His older brother was getting a dog toy off the roof. I'll question them when they come back inside.


[1] Ever watch video of Fleetwood Mac in concert back in the day? I've always wondered if the other guys in the band were ever tempted to hurl something at Nicks and yell 'Stop prancing about like a pony on crack!'

blog comments powered by Disqus