Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thank you America my foot

Like this;  a company went, not to a bank, [1] but just this place where I gotta send a big chunk of my money every year.  And they said 'hey, man, I've run my company right into the ground, I need some of that cash you guys jacked from the public to tide me over while I change my ways.'

Which, put that way, sounds like a junkie whining that this time he's really really sorry he put his rent money up his nose instead of paying his rent, but if they just let him slide a few weeks he'll have the dough ..

And I said to the guys running the place 'hey, that sucks, don't do that'.  And their governing body voted 'no'. And I said 'cool'.  And the guy who runs the place said 'well, shucks, ah'm gonna do that anyway'.  And he did. [2]

And then the company, all bright and perky, blows a big chunk of cash [3] telling me 'thanks, buddy'.


You're not welcome. by you.


To which my response, after careful editing because my first through fifth responses contained language that might make a sailor blush is ...


stfu by iljat.


Mr. Nardelli?   You, your dealers, or any of the one million people who depend on Chrysler for their livelihoods will never see a dime from me.

I was serious about this before but that ad really cheesed me off.

Kia?  I'll need a new car in a few years.  Let's talk.


Cross Posted to The Daily Brief.

[1] A bank has stricter rules for handling money than the government ever will.

[2] It's a weak metaphor, granted.

[3] Cuban cites 100k for the cost of the ad in the Wall Street Journal.
blog comments powered by Disqus