Tuesday, August 18, 2009

If you're not honest with yourself about what went wrong, you ain't gonna be able to fix anything

Burt Rutan: engineer and climate skeptic.

My study is NOT as a climatologist, but from a completely different prospective in which I am an expert. Complex data from disparate sources can be processed and presented in very different ways, and to “prove” many different theories.

For decades, as a professional experimental test engineer, I have analyzed experimental data and watched others massage and present data. I became a cynic; My conclusion – “if someone is aggressively selling a technical product who’s merits are dependant on complex experimental data, he is likely lying”. That is true whether the product is an airplane or a Carbon Credit.


Rutan is one of those guys that Verne was writing about.

Subject Line call back.

blog comments powered by Disqus