Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! Part 2

For a little while now [1] the post titles here have not been clickable links. It was a bug in the template that was (to me) annoying but had a workaround [2] so in time-honored fashion [3] I made a note to fix it later. When later came around it was no longer annoying so I flat-out forgot it was ever a problem.

I have a shoemaker's children dilemma. Futzing around with templates and CSS feels too much like work.

Much time passed.

Nagged [4] into fixing it, I stared at the template for a few seconds, [5] gave it up as a bad job, then pulled the trigger and upgraded to a new gee-whizzy template and template editor: problem solved.

Except that the links to Haloscan are gone. So no comments until I get that fixed.

Update: Comments are working Wooo.

[1] May, 2005
[2] The hyperlink was a '#' at the bottom of each post.
[3] Honored if you work in IT.

[4] Which sounds bad. Daphne, you have done me a favor with your nudge.
[5] HTML is readable. When it's all splatted together like the blogger template was for that section it is horrible. Computers can handle it: people need formatting.
blog comments powered by Disqus