Monday, February 23, 2009

The Ugly Kid

Nyein Aung has got a new website.

Nyein: go check out www.theuglykid.org theres nothing much there right noe, but i plan on updating daily.

Who?

My name is Nyein Chan Aung. I am a text book third culture 25 year old, currently living and striving in Sydney.

I was born in Yangon, Myanmar - one of the least developed nations in the world. At the age of 16 I went to high school, and then on to college in the United States. After working for almost two years in a technology development company in Washington, I moved to Sydney to attend UTS. I am now about to receive a Bachelor of Design degree in Industrial Design.

I’ve been drawing for as long as I can remember and designing things since high school. I don’t consider Design a job or a profession. Its not a job if what you do is who you are - on my worst day at work, I still get to design stuff.

I do a lot of humanitarian design work. I believe where expertise and resources are scarce, good design will make a difference.

I am a designer, artist, photographer, activist, dissident and an adventurer.

I don't know about how good an activist and dissident he is, but he's a darn good artist.  If you look around the web for space elevator art, a great deal of what you'll find is his.



devil by you.




blog comments powered by Disqus